Warehousing Apprentice GLOBAL HYDRAULIC SERVICES LIMITED
Due to rapid growth of GHS, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a new workshop apprentice to join our team. If you have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business and you are able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, then this could be the ideal role for you.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will become highly competent in using and following warehousing systems and procedures and building hose assemblies. You will receive ongoing training and development through your apprenticeship as well as Fork lift truck, manual handling and lifting training. Work activities will include:
- Receiving deliveries
- Checking for damaged/missing items
- Storing goods
- Aligning Goods Received Notes (GRN’s) to invoices moving stock by various methods
- Picking/packing orders
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Maintaining stock records and documentation
- Maintaining safe and tidy warehouse environment
- Using a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles whilst adhering to health & safety regulations
Requirements and prospects
- Able to multi task
- Driving license desirable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Team player
- Able to build rapport with colleagues and customers
- Willing to listen and learn
Entry requirements are set and determined by the employer however generally it is expected that candidates would have achieved GCSE grade 3/D in Maths and English or Level 1 Functional Skills equivalent
Possible permanent job role for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Prior to applying, please ensure you are able to get to and from this workplace within the operating hours.
Please be aware as the first part of the process you will be asked to complete a Learner Form Electronically and online assessments in English, Maths and ICT. You will receive one to one Information, Advice and Guidance with one of the Learner Engagement Team over the phone.
We will be unable to consider your application for any vacancy unless you complete the process
About the employer
GHS have been serving the hydraulic industry nationwide since 1989, supplying high quality hydraulic components purchased directly from industry leading manufacturers. We also offer a full range of engineering services which includes the design and build of custom hydraulic systems. We are an expert hydraulic hose manufacturer.
GLOBAL HYDRAULIC SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education
Helena Gollings 01472311222 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard
- A bespoke programme of technical and vocational learning
- Functional Skills in Maths and English*if applicable
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.