Apprentice Nursery Practitioner SEESAWS DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Urgent vacancy! Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Seesaws Day Nursery, a leading nursery in Birmingham. Fantastic and rewarding opportunity to work in a Childcare environment for a qualification in Early Years Practitioner Level 2.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
03 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in a busy and challenging environment, the duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
(The above duties cover a Level 2 qualification however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader).
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (will be dealing with parents)
- Passion to work with children
- Cope well under pressure
- Caring nature
- Maths and English at GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C or equivalent e.g. Functional skills level 2
- For Level 3 you must have hold a Childcare L2 qualification with experience in a nursery/day centre setting
Opportunity to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship/Employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
Seesaws Day Nursery Limited is a successful West Midlands based nursery that has received a good grade from OFSTED. They have various branches in the Birmingham and Wolverhampton area. They provide excellent childcare to all children that support their social, emotion, social and intellectual development.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 0121 333 3001 email@example.com
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor Visits/Reviews
- Witness Testimonies/Observations
- Workshops/Technical Certificate
- Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.