Apprentice Datacoms Engineer MILLROSE TELECOM LIMITED
VQ Solutions are looking for a hard working individual to join the team at Millrose telecom as a data engineer apprentice. Your role will be to assist in the installation and service of telecom, data, and fibre cabling systems.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Lead Engineer
- Installing Cat5e and Cat 6 cables
- Installing Fibre Optic Cables (Cabling pulling)
- Terminating and testing of Cat5e / Cat 6 / Fibre Optic Cables
- Work will be across both domestic and commercial properties
- Fault finding and fixing of domestic telephone systems
- Installation of domestic telephone sockets and extensions
- You will be working with a broad range of hand and power tools, abiding by health and safety legislation is a large part of this role
Requirements and prospects
- Procedures - ability to strictly follow site H and S procedures and instruction from Senior engineers and staff
- Great communication skills
- Ability to take instruction
- Good customer service skills
- Good listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Driving licence (or equivalent) and own transport would be beneficial but is not essential
On successful completion of the Network Cable Installer Apprenticeship (Level 3) engineers will be eligible to apply for:
- ECS Advanced Datacoms Engineer Gold Card
- Full member for the Institute of Telecommunications Professionals
The majority of our apprentices gain full-time employment on the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The employer has asked that providers do not contact them with CVs or other unsolicited correspondence. Any unwanted contact may be reported to the ESFA.
About the employer
Millrose specialise in datacoms and telecoms across the region. Our cost-effective solutions for structured cabling, telephone and fibre optic networks include high quality installation, auditing, testing and repairs. And our personal, professional approach offers an efficient, affordable and friendly experience for all of our domestic and commercial customers across the region.
MILLROSE TELECOM LIMITED
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by VQ Solutions Ltd
Alanna Brown 01423 740006 email@example.com
You will work towards a Network cable installer apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions.
Network cable installer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.