Apprentice Traffic Operator Maritime Transport Ltd
An amazing opportunity to begin your career in Business Administration working for a brilliant family run business. Each day developing new Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 48.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main tasks to include but not limited to: Operations:
- Assist transport with daily tasks
- Communicating with Drivers and assisting the operations
- Process POD (Proof of Delivery)
- Assist Transport with executing the plan, speaking to drivers, customers and liaising with the customer service team
- Briefing and de briefing drivers
- Learn how to plan vehicles with operations
- Booking work into transport screens
- Dealing with supplier and customer collections and deliveries
Customer queries Compliance:
- Assisting with compliance of vehicles and Trailers to ensure they remain legally compliant, service and MOTs
- Drivers hours
Requirements and prospects
You must possess good IT skills and be able to adapt to changing work load with a confident telephone manner and an ability to retain information and report back to a supervisor.
- Articulate and a confident individual keen to work hard and develop
A minimum of Grade C/4 or above/equivalent in maths and English.
Potential for a full time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company.
Things to consider
Start on a salary of £18-21,000 progressing to £25,000 plus company car once fully-fledged as an Operator.
About the employer
We are Maritime Transport, you might not have heard of us before, but now you have, you’ll see our blue & white trucks everywhere.
Our business has grown from £18m to £420m in only 20 years and we now cover the UK with over 30 depot locations delivering food to your tables, clothes to your stores and electronics for the biggest retailers in the world. Logistics is booming, the pandemic has highlighted the essential job we do as key workers and we are the backbone to the UK economy. Employing over 2,500 staff, we have roles and progression for everyone.
And the best bit? No experience is necessary! Maritime is a family-owned UK-based transport company and since its inception in 2001 has grown to be a market-leader offering container transport and curtain-sided distribution services. With a network of over 30 depots spanning the UK Maritime offers transport and logistics solutions to a large and growing customer base, and works with a high number of large blue chip businesses.
Maritime Transport Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northampton College
Isobel McColgan 01604 734138 Isobel.McColgan@northamptoncollege.ac.uk
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.