Apprentice Childcare Practitioner P and L Nurseries Ltd
We are seeking up to 6 Apprentice Childcare Practitioners to join our busy nursery. Successful candidates will be based at one of our two settings, within Halifax. Working towards your childcare qualification, you will learn through on the job training, college lecturer assistance and personal studies.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the nursery, in particular, by ensuring that high quality early learning and play services are provided to children and young people
- To keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, policies to ensure the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements are met at all times enabling the delivery of high quality provision
- To establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children’s learning and development and values parental involvement both at Nursery and at Home
- To plan and provide safe, appropriate, child-led and adult initiated experiences, activities and play opportunities in indoor, outdoor and in out-of-setting contexts, which enable children to develop and learn
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- To promote parents’ understanding of child development and early learning as a crucial factor in their children’s achievement at school and future life chances
Requirements and prospects
- Work effectively as part of wider team
- Take and follow verbal instruction
- Interpret and follow written procedures
- Form effective bonds with children, families, colleagues and other professionals
- Be consistently courteous, professional and respectful
- The desire to see children flourish
- A passion for making a difference in the life of young children
- The ability to focus on studies as well as a full time working role
- Relationship building – you and your colleagues will need to form strong bonds and relationships with the children parent/carers and their wide family
Minimum GCSE grade 4/C or above in English Language and maths.
We can offer an exciting career in a fast moving company. Previous employees have gone on to careers as primary school teachers and to roles providing specialist assistance to children.
About the employer
Shining Stars Day Nursery is a fully refurbished, high quality day nursery serving families who live and work in Illingworth, Bradshaw, Boothtown, Holmfield and surrounding areas.
Private Day Nursery. We were established in 2013 and have grown to become a popular high-quality childcare provider.
We have a strong record of developing our staff and our apprentice staff have in the past been awarded ‘Most Improved Apprentice’ and recognised ‘An Exceptional Apprentice’ for their studies.
P and L Nurseries Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 01422 418 431 email@example.com
The successful candidate will work towards a level 2 qualification in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.