Apprentice Insurance Adviser CARAVAN GUARD LIMITED
Working in our busy town centre office you will train as an insurance adviser and gain a fundamental understanding of the insurance industry as well as the numerous products that Caravan Guard provide.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You’ll study towards industry recognised qualifications and complete industry relevant assignments and projects under the guidance of your team leader, the training manager and Calderdale College.
Upon successful completion you’ll have the knowledge and skills required to help you progress and build a happy and rewarding career at Caravan Guard, as well as the option of working towards further industry recognised qualifications.
The role will comprise of:
- Delivering a brilliant service and experience to our customers
- Providing insurance quotations
- Promoting and selling the Caravan Guard brand and policies
- Cross selling and up selling additional products
- Amending and renewing policies for existing customers
- Answering customer queries
- Liaising with the claims department on claims queries
- Providing assistance on projects if requested
If you are interested in this vacancy please go to the following link:
Requirements and prospects
- Basic computer literacy
- Drive to learn new skills and develop existing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work within an expanding team
- A flexible and professional approach to work
- A friendly customer service focused personality
- GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 grade (or equivalent) preferred but not essential, as experience or recognised qualifications such as NVQs will also be considered
- Will be discussed upon completion
Things to consider
- Industry recognised qualifications
- On the job experience and exposure
- Modern Halifax town centre offices
- Annual profit and performance related bonuses
- 28 days holiday per year (increases with length of service)
- Private medical and pension (optional)
- Legal expenses, Income protection cover and Life insurance
- Annual Christmas party and awards ceremony
- Free hot drinks and fruit
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Caravan Guard offer specialist insurance for caravans, motorhomes, park homes, lodges and holiday homes to over 90,000 customers UK wide.
Our company’s reason for existing is to put people back in the same position after something bad happens to their pride and joy. Or more simply put…‘insuring freedom’.
We employ over 120 talented people in our modern Halifax town centre offices.
Our vision is “Positive people delivering brilliant customer experiences” so we only employ the most talented people who love to deliver first class customer service and in return we give them the very best coaching, support and recognition. We’ve even won awards for our customer service and training programmes!
We’re passionate about everything we do, and as a family business we like to think we’re a little bit different.
Our contact centre is open 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-4pm on Saturday and Sunday. Various shifts and a degree of flexibility is available.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Briony Jackson-Owens 07977 344890 Briony.Jackson-Owens@calderdale.ac.uk
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprentices will study for either the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) or the Certificate in Claims Handling (Cert CILA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.