Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice SOFTWERX LTD
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Technologist with Softwerx based in Cambridge. The role would be remote working with the option to come to the office.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2022
£16,000.00 - £20,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
As part of the Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship, you’ll help to detect and defend against cyber threats. You’ll also develop an understanding of fundamental cyber security theory, techniques, risk analysis and law.
You’ll focus on the theory, but more importantly, you’ll get real world experience with practical, hands-on learning. You’ll also learn a lot about teamwork and be at the cutting edge of modern cyber security.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting with our Security Operations and Cyber Threat Intelligence capability to pro-actively detect malicious activity and cyber-risk
- Helping with the development of policies and guides
- Assisting with security training and awareness, including phishing simulation testing
- Conducting threat assessments and penetration tests
- Cyber-risk management work
- Monitor the IT infrastructure assessing for threats
- Put plans and measures in place e.g., firewalls, passwords, and encryption to combat a security breach
Requirements and prospects
- Good all-round technical knowledge of IT systems and networking
- Good all-round technical knowledge of information security concepts and cyber threats
- Highly motivated individual with the drive to learn and succeed
- Ability to read and absorb complex information from various sources (books, online)
- Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
- Confident working with technology
- A passion for technology and cybersecurity
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm, and creativity
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
Softwerx are on a mission to help modernise and secure businesses across the UK and Europe. Their vision is to become the most professional and trusted Microsoft cloud security practice in the world.
Their core values revolve around a passion for helping businesses transform the way they work and improve their security posture, by better understanding and leveraging their existing investments.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Josh Ankers 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Tutor who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship standard with training in areas such as:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, and English
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Network & Digital Communications Theory
- Security Case Development & Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Cyber security technologist
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.