Business Administration Assistant Apprentice Stockley Academy
Overall purpose of the post is to provide clerical, administrative support to the school. The post holder will be responsible for Administrative duties – promoting and supporting effective day-to-day organisation within school.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The post holder will undertake administrative support duties as directed by the Staff Coordinator.
The post holder will:
- Have an understanding of office administration and the effective maintenance of support to pupils, parents, staff and the wider community
- Be an effective user of Microsoft Office demonstrating a good level of ICT skills and competency
- Be able to work effectively as an individual and in a team, being credible to colleagues and the staff of the Academy
- Have an appropriate level of wellbeing to carry out the role and the ability to be punctual and meet work deadlines are essential
Systems, policies and procedures:
- Contribute to the planning and development of administrative procedures and systems
- Knowledge of and adherence to school administrative systems, policies and procedures
- May demonstrate administrative duties to new or less experienced staff
Building professional relationship:
- Communicates with other school staff and teachers, senior leadership team, pupils, parents / carers, suppliers, visitors
Record keeping and information management:
- Maintain and updating of records and systems
Problem solving and decision making:
- Makes decisions about own administrative work
- Decision-making is short term; more complex decisions are referred to senior staff
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge for implementing a range of administrative procedures, including IT packages and systems. Knowledge and skills equivalent to national qualifications level 3
- IT and keyboard skills
Physical demands and working conditions:
- Normal physical effort with a mixture of sitting, walking and carrying minor loads
- Work normally carried out in an office environment
As a term of your employment you may reasonably be expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined in the job description.
This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Principal/Manager in consultation with the postholder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
Fluency in English:
The post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Requirements and prospects
- Evidence of competent IT skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and proactively with colleagues and with parents/carers, children and adults within the academy
- Good oral and written communication, problem solving and liaison skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to relate well with children, be an effective role model
- Ability to motivate students to achieve success
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Ability to motivate and encourage students
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Experience of or willingness to train, in order to offer personal care support to students with a physical disability
- Enjoy working as part of a team and working proactively with a wide range of personalities
- High level of initiative
- Sound judgement
- Calm under pressure
- Personable and approachable
- Professional in appearance, manner and attitude
- Sense of humour
- Patience and tolerance
- Willingness to be flexible
- Good record of attendance and punctuality
- GCSE or equivalent in maths and English at Grade C/4 or above or, Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English
- Could secure a full-time role with the academy upon completion of this apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please consider whether you can survive on an apprentice salary for the next 12 months
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship. The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Park Academy we pride ourselves in developing, nurturing and instilling a sense of excellence and self-belief in all our students. As an academy we pride ourselves in fostering within our students a desire to achieve outstanding outcomes and helping students to achieve their dreams.
Achieving those dreams does not happen overnight and at Park Academy we seek to create a culture where resilience goes hand in hand with creativity resulting in successful life-long learners – learners that are able to contribute to society and to have an impact on the world around them.
Myself and the staff are dedicated and are relentless in our pursuit of excellence for students at the academy. We realise the importance of creating a calm and purposeful working environment that leads to excellent behaviour and attitudes in the classroom. This in turn leads to students developing a greater sense of pride for themselves and their community. By nurturing this we create a sense of belonging and the realisation amongst students that hard work and dedication is integral to their success.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family to the academy in the near future and to working with you in order to ensure the best possible academic and life enhancing opportunities for your child.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Anthony Lowe 0788 1922192 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Functional skills in English, maths and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.