Nursery Apprentice Bright Little Stars Barnet Ltd
We are looking for Apprentices to join our friendly team, full training will be given so no experience necessary – all we ask is that you have a passion for working with children.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for Apprentices to join our friendly team, full training will be given so no experience necessary – all we ask is that you have a passion for working with children. The setting is purpose built and specifically designed to meet the needs of children from 6 months – 5 years. Our sincere desire is to provide exceptional care and learning whilst supporting each child to reach their own individual potential in a happy, healthy and safe learning environment. Bright Little Stars Nursery offers career development and training for all our employees as well as the opportunity to work in a fantastic setting with a new staff team.
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- To undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
- To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records
- To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Interest in working in childcare as a career
- Ability to be playful with children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Articulate & friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
Opportunity to be a permanent member of staff if a position is open.
Things to consider
- Excellent rates of pay and a 6 monthly discretionary bonus upon qualifying to Level 3
- Up to 35 days annual leave - 20 days holiday, 8 bank holidays, 1 pro-rata birthday day, 1 bonus day and up to 5 further days with years of service (depending on position)
- Option to carry over up to 5 annual leave days, at the end of each year
- Support for higher level qualifications through the BLS Staff Development
- Programme with paid study days
- Senior Team and Management Internal Training Programme
- Two training and one planning inset days onsite. Further internal and external training sessions through the year
- On-going internal company support from a Qualified Ofsted Inspector
- Free wholesome, hot lunches available in the staff room
- Free uniform provided
- Three complementary team building activities and parties a year!
- Workplace pension with employer contribution of up to 3%
- Employee assistance programme
- Staff childcare discount and salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff
About the employer
The setting is purpose built and specifically designed to meet the needs of children from 6 months – 5 years.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Chelsea Hillis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English if required
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours) that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.