Apprentice Operations Assistant (Business Administrator) Hampshire Hill Ltd
Are you keen and enthusiastic, well-organised and willing to listen and learn? If you would like to be part of a hardworking but supportive team, please read on!
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Feb 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Answer and screen/redirect incoming telephone calls
- Greet visitors
- Look after the filing both paper and electronic
- Photocopying and binding
- Emailing or posting authority to enquire letters to product providers
- Scanning and emailing of documents
- Typing letters/sending emails as required
- Liaise with product providers
- Maintaining a stock of client packs and adviser documentation
- Stock control of stationery
- Providing refreshments to clients
- Logging daily post and taking to post office
Requirements and prospects
- Super organised
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Proficient in using Microsoft packages incl Word, Excel and Office
- Friendly and helpful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Able to work as part of a team
A good general education including maths and English at Grade C/4, equivalent or above.
Further training and deveopment could be offered in the future to further support you in your developing role.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance and taken through an initial screening process
- Applicants must undertake all West Notts College assessments before being eligible for presentation to employers
- From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training or on off the job training activity. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Training to be provided will include the standard, the level, the delivery method and an explanation of how OneFile is used as part of their journey
About the employer
Hampshire Hill are an independent financial advice company who provide advice and services on products including, pensions, investments, mortgages, life insurances, wills and estate planning. They have been in the Ashfield area for over 20 years moving from offices in Kirkby to purpose built premises in Sutton in Ashfield in July 2020 and have a hardworking team of 12 with 4 of them working within Operations and administration.
They are now in a position to recruit and train an apprentice to provide key administrative support within their operations department, you will undertake a range of routine day to day administrative tasks which will help to ensure the smooth running of the office.
You will work closely with many people in the office but especially with the operations department and you may provide holiday or lunch break cover for them.
You will have a workplace mentor who will help you gain the skills required to do a really good job and you will also receive regular visits from a West Notts College Specialist who will support you to achieve your level 3 business administration apprenticeship standard.
Hampshire Hill Ltd
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627191 Lee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Business Administrator level 3 apprenticeship including functional skills in maths and English if required.
You will be assigned to an assessor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to work with you on the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours within your role.
After a pre-determined period of learning, you and your employer will agree with your training provider that you have completed all required learning and are ready to enter 'Gateway'.
Gateway is the period of your apprenticeship where you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment which is completed by an external organisation. It is your End Point Agreement that determines your final apprenticeship grade.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.