Apprentice Dental Nurse Bridge Dental Practice
Are you looking for a career in Dental Nursing? Perhaps a career change? Then join us on a journey that is challenging and rewarding where you will learn something new every day & gain a qualification! An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our established, well respected, dental practice in Leamington Spa.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
16 Feb 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
General dental nursing duties including but not limited to:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate and according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Discuss and ask the practice manager to order new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to multitask
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills with both patients and colleagues
- Good people skills, including the ability to work with children and difficult patients
- Excellent team player to support our current team
- Keen interest in dental nursing and a willingness to learn new information
- Able to take on board feedback and change your working methods based on feedback
- Able to work well under pressure
- Always rises to a challenge with enthusiasm
- Confidence and a calm manner
- Hard working
- Well presented - the candidate must always be of a smart and professional appearance, wearing a clean, presentable uniform
GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above in English and maths or equivalent qualifications.
Apprenticeship offered with a view to permanent position in the future and with further development in skills such as radiography, oral health educator etc.
Things to consider
Attendance one day per week at Leamington College for one academic year
You will be required to complete formal training which will include some visits to college, practical and theoretical work and examinations
You may be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
Please complete the application form in full – if you do not complete all sections, please be aware you will not be progressed to the next stage – this includes an accurate and detailed list of your qualifications. If you do not live nearby to the employer address, please detail how you plan to travel/commute to the role, considering available transport and journey times.
About the employer
Bridge Dental Practice is a friendly purpose-built dental practice conveniently located in central Leamington Spa. The practice has been established for 18 years and caters to both NHS and private patients.
At Bridge Dental Practice, we provide high-quality treatment in a friendly environment. We are committed to continuing dental education and keeping abreast of the changes in modern dentistry.
We pride ourselves on providing the very best dental care and treatment, using latest technologies and practices, and by developing a professional relationship with our patients, designed so that your comfort and needs come
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Dental Nurse (Standard):
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (unless GCSE grade 4/C or above or equivalent has been achieved)
First Aid training (at college)
End Point Assessment of synoptic exam, observation and professional discussion
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.