Hospitality Team Member Apprentice – Front of House Devour
An exciting vacancy for a Front of House role within an exciting and innovative business. This is the perfect opportunity to begin your career in the Hospitality industry.
Closing date: 27 Jul 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Meet and greet customers
- Take food and drink orders
- Serve food and drink at the tables
- Initiate excellent customer service
- Process cash and card payments
- Working behind the bar serving a range of alcoholic (dependent on age) and non-alcoholic drinks
- Ensure stock is replenished
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dining area
- Following health and safety and food hygiene procedures
- Ensure everyone is having the best time possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication and listening
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinker, able to react quickly to instruction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- A strong passion for customer service and the hospitality industry
- Clean and presentable
- Team player
- Common sense approach
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Friendly and approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths grade 3 or above.
- Minimum wage for age bracket, this will increase in line with performance and progression through your apprenticeship
- This is a growing business, for the right candidate there is potential for progression
About the employer
Nestled in the picturesque and historic Holme Valley, a stone’s throw away from the cobbled streets of Holmfirth. Flanked between ancient woodland and the gentle ebb and flow of the river Holme…. lies DEVOUR. At DEVOUR it’s simple, we celebrate “Old School Italia!” with home-cooked food, Music, Family and Friends where we Sip, Share, Taste and Feast. Family is our passion; Italian food is our obsession. We create regionally seasonal dishes using simple fresh hero ingredients. Inspired by heritage, shaped by tradition, and LOVED by the family.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2.
The role of a hospitality team member is varied and although you may specialise in an area, you must be adaptable and ready to support your team members across the business during busy periods. This apprenticeship involves one day a week in college, usually a Wednesday or Thursday, working with our specialist front of house staff.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will learn about all the areas associated with the hospitality, food and beverage service, including learning barista and food production.
This apprenticeship supports you in developing your hospitality skills. It will help you learn to recognise your customers’ needs to improve their experience. A key skill you will learn is ensuring that your customers feel welcomed and looked after.
This apprenticeship also teaches you about conference and events organisation, reservations and housekeeping. All apprentices also get the opportunity to find out about beverage services, including wine service, beer and cask ale, cocktails and mixology.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.