Data Technician Apprentice Viapath
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apps Management Support Technician with Viapath, a Laboratory diagnostics service based in London and from home. You will work towards a Level 3 Data Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The post holder will be required to work in an Apprentice role autonomously and with other team members and/or system users as appropriate to the task to achieve individual, team and departmental objectives.
To provide day-to-day IT support for the diagnostic, analytical, administrative first and second-line support needs of the laboratories and IT department. To further develop the existing IT applications used in the departments and investigate a range of IT issues within a specialised area LIMS, Network Infrastructure, Data Analysis, servers, and desktop services. Adapt software installs and maintain complex hardware systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assist in the support of Pathology Laboratory Information System (LIS) for Pathology disciplines to meet their IT requirements.
- To provide basic hardware and client software support and installation.
- To monitor the laboratory IT systems and alert to potential security and stability issues.
- Assist in the management of internal and external systems interfaces for the laboratory IT systems.
- To assist with new IT developments as directed by the laboratory IT development group.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly tasks as required to support all areas of Pathology IT and all laboratory disciplines.
- Log Request for Change (RFC) issues for Change Advisor Board (CAB).
- Work with users, other team members, suppliers, Trust, external users and other Viapath departments as required to achieve their objectives and resolve calls or tasks assigned.
- Assist with creating new tests or testing configuration change in LIMS and other systems as required
- Creation and tracking of service desk incidents via phone or email
- To setup label printers and barcode scanners on local PCs
Requirements and prospects
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of principles of Project Management
- Good timekeeping skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW):
About the employer
Viapath is a scientific organisation with a clinical purpose and is part of SYNLAB Group, Europe’s leading provider of laboratory diagnostic services. Working in partnership with Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, King’s College Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital, and local CCG networks, we aim to set the standard for the future of pathology.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Darcy Greaves 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician apprenticeship standard with training in areas such as:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.