Engineering Operative Apprentice WALKERSTEEL LASER SERVICES LIMITED
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Engineering Operative based in Accrington. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Mar 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Shape the materials using the appropriate methods and techniques
- Join the materials using the appropriate methods and techniques
- Produce components which meet the specification requirements
- Carry out quality checks during and after the fabrication activities
Will gain knowledge of:
- Specific machinery, equipment and tooling required for the materials, processing or finishing operation
- Different materials, processing or finishing techniques
- Specific quality specifications for materials, processing or finishing operations
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- A technical mind
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems and find solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box, curious and innovative
- Must possess an interest in engineering
- Motivated and committed individual
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above including English, Maths. Science is desirable. Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable.
Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment.
They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the Company direct. PLEASE NOTE, we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
Walkersteel, probably the most recognisable name in UK steel stockholding, is once again a fully independent company, now specialising in the supply of panel flat sheet, plate and blanks.
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chris Cumpstey 01254 54659 email@example.com
- Level 2 BTEC Extended Diploma
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in Mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning
- Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results
- Grade A-C and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills
- Certification evidence will need to be provided
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.