Engineering Apprentice - Technical Support pathway Multiforms
Apprentice required to learn a variety of technical skills associated with inspection, calibration and quality of components, as well as production scheduling and planning and statistical processes.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
£258.18 - £294.84
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentice required to learn various technical engineering skills, including:
- 1st and last off sample measurement of parts for production
- Carry out calibration and the system upkeep
- Checking and filing raw material & sub-contract paperwork
- CMM programming
- Assist with new project development and the raising of PPAP documents
- Using various equipment: micrometers, caliper verniers, shadowgraph projectors, CMM and several gauges
- Good inward inspection
- Statistical processes, capacity planning, product scheduling & planning
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good maths skills
- Previous engineering knowledge from school/college, previous employment or work experience would be advantageous
- Able to work independently and with others
- Punctual and reliable
- Smartly presented
- Genuine interest in engineering
- GCSE grades 9-5/A*-B/C in English, maths and Science as a minimum
Progression to Quality Engineer and eventually move into quality management.
Things to consider
Training will include attending In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, WS9 8UG, three days per week, for the first 18 months of this apprenticeship. Please ensure you can travel to both the company and to In-Comm.
About the employer
Formerly H.A. Light (Multiforms) Ltd, Multiforms provide the complete service in the manufacture of metal pressings, strip and wire-forms using high speed presses, multi-slide, Fouslide presses and cold heading wire forming machines. Multiforms are recognised within the industry base as a leading supplier of both simple and complex high precision components, manufacturing items as diverse as Purlin Clips for the building and construction sector to close tolerance high volume electronic components to a Global market.
Products and Processes: Precision Straight & Cold Headed Pins/Wire Forms, Precision Pressings, Strip Formed Products, Heavy Duty Wire Forms up to 14mm, Multislide, Fourslide and Bihler pressings.
Progression and Transfer Presswork Facilities: Capability to produce over 25 million wire shapes or precision pressings a week, using progressive tooling and multi-slide equipment.
CAD/CAM design and tool room facilities. Multi-slide strip and wire forming machines that can produce components up to 100 mm wide and 3 mm thick in strip material and up to 10 mm diameter in wire. Multiforms are accredited to ISO9001.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a 4 year apprenticeship which will require the apprentice to attend college on a part time basis for the first 18 months (3 days per week).
Training will include the following:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisation Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using & Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Wiring & Testing Electrical Equipment Circuits
- Preparing and using Lathes for turning Operations
- Preparing and using Milling Machines
- Using Computer Software Packages to assist with Engineering Activities
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Producing Engineering Project Plans
- General Welding Applications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.