Apprentice Logistics Operator Precision Aerospace Component Engineering Ltd
This role is a physically demanding role, the successful individual need a to have great teamwork and customer service skills. The role involves; handling shipments, picking and packing, dealing with customer paperwork and logistics suppliers amongst many other duties.
Closing date: 02 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
Learning all aspects of Logistics with emphasis on Logistics. Will need to use an internal data-base to book in and out parts. Arrange couriers.
The daily contact will be with the Logistics and Sub Tier Manager and other personnel within the business.
Physically packaging outgoing material and to be involved throughout the shipment process. Ensure that the outgoing shipment is accurate and well packaged, track shipments and ensure delivery. Ensure that traceability records are kept on in-house computer system.
Duties will include:
- Pick loads in accordance with delivery notes
- Ensure shipments and inventory transactions are recorded accurately
- Prepare and pack consignments for delivery to customer and/or suppliers, ensuring that the items despatched will be protected during transit
- Check Supplier delivery notes against actual delivered goods received.
- Ensure all returns have a debit note and supplier return attached
- Deal with all customs paperwork
- Deal with logistics providers i.e. DHL
- Ensure that the advised quantities of the correctly delivered items coincide with the purchase order
- Ability to use in-house computer
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to succeed in a chosen field
- A “can do” attitude - hungry for success
- A team player
- Willing attitude
- Wants to learn
- Lateral thinking
- Essential: GCSEs or equivalent including maths and English a grades E/2 and above
- Desirable: 5 GCSEs or equivalent including maths and English at grades C/4 and above
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
- Eventually, the apprentice could become part of the senior team i.e. liaising with customers
Things to consider
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
About the employer
PACE is a privately owned UK company and for more than 35 years has been engaged in the manufacture of components for the aerospace and defence sectors. We specialise in the production of simple and medium complexity machined parts to AS9100revD industry quality standards. Our components can be found in actuators, filter systems, motors, generators, and engines fling on many of the world’s most advanced commercial airlines and fixed and rotary wing military aircraft.
Our range of CNC machines enable us to handle most manufacturing processes, from simple 5-axis milling in all grade metals. We turn and mill precision components from a comprehensive range of aerospace materials to diameters of between 1mm and 250mm, within most exacting tolerances. We expanded the manufacturing output by opening an additional 3,500 sq. Ft manufacturing unit. This added 35% to our manufacturing floor space and is geared to the manufacture of high-volume aviation parts.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates will undertake the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.