Apprentice Pharmacy services assistant Mohammedi Uk Ltd
This is a great opportunity to begin a career in Pharmacy Services with an established and friendly team. Working with a small team with many years of experience, you will start to develop your knowledge and skills both in the branch and at college.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will involve a number of duties whilst supporting the other members of the team. These duties include:
- Counter service and sales
- Handling Prescriptions both in and out
- Process and dispensing prescriptions
- Ordering stock
- Stock control and handling/ storing
- Date checking
- Customer service
Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will also need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. An email and text will be sent to you to apply on the college website for your chosen apprenticeship framework. Once you have applied via the link provided you will then be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team, who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good Communication skills
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
- Grade 4 and above in English and maths.
- Grade 4 required in science if progression to L3
- Progression to Level 3 for the right candidate or potential full time position
Things to consider
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college (in most cases). Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
About the employer
This is a busy community-based pharmacy servicing the area of Small Heath offering a range of services to meet the needs of families and individuals.
Mohammedi Uk Ltd
Additional location information
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Zeaba Winning Zeaba.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy services assistant level 2.
As of 1st August 2020, the new Standard has replaced the previous Framework Apprenticeship.
Standards are occupation-focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end. There is a focus on key areas – knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB)
Highlights of the new Standard:
- There is a major shift from assessing to learning. Instead of continually assessing learners, assessors will be more like tutors or mentors – planning activities, sending feedback and supporting apprentices until the EPA (End Point Assessment). The EPAO (End Point Assessment Organisation) will then be responsible for assessing the apprentice.
- Instead of assessing apprentices, on-programme learning will meet all the KSBs in the standard and prepare apprentices for their EPA. Mentors will need to check which assessment methods are used in the EPA and do mock tests and practice runs as the apprentice approaches the EPA.
- The standards include a 20% off-the-job training requirement. This means providers and employers need to work together to plan learning activities outside of the apprentice's normal working duties. Off-the-job training is mandatory and will be audited, so it needs to be properly organised and recorded.
- Apprentices are now graded according to their performance in the EPA. This means mentors will need to work closely with their learners to get the most out of them – planning activities to coach borderline apprentices and stretch and challenge high achievers.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.