Apprentice Business Administrator Knavesmire Primary School
Knavesmire Primary School is an outstanding Primary school based in the South Bank area of York. We are looking to recruit an apprentice business administrator to join our small friendly school office team.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Nov 2021
01 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
No two days are the same in this busy role, duties will include:
- Providing office support to parents, staff and children
- Sending emails and monitoring the school inbox
- Sorting incoming post
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Answering phones & taking phone messages and passing them on as appropriate
- Collecting and inputting schools data
- Being ready to learn and implement other administrative tasks that are required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a happy, confident telephone manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- To have a good level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to take responsibility and use your own initiative
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- An aptitude for thinking on the spot and problem solving
- To be well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to further progress witihin the company
About the employer
Knavesmire Primary School is situated in the South Bank residential area of the city of York. A strong sense of community exists in this area of York, and this is reflected in a highly stable school population, with some families enjoying connections with the school for many generations.
We currently have over 400 children on roll, taught in fourteen different classes plus a morning and afternoon nursery. Due to the increasing demand for school places, the school – originally built in 1915 has recently expanded, providing the space and facilities to become a fully functional modern two cohort entry school. In addition to the canteen, music room and original class spaces, the school includes 6 new class teaching spaces, a new school hall, a new parents’ area at the front-of-school, and the original school hall transformed into a school library and mezzanine ICT suite.
Knavesmire’s community now includes 54 EAL pupils speaking 22 different languages. The school celebrates its growing cultural diversity, in addition to supporting the individual needs of those pupils.
The school currently holds a number of awards including: Gold Arts Mark Award and Full International School Award.
We are able to offer a full range of Extended Schools Services. This includes: child care before and after school and during the school holidays; a full and varied range of extra-curricular activities and music lessons before, during, and after school; and a range of support and information for parents though parenting courses and curriculum information evenings.
In addition to academic success, our children excel in The Arts and in sport, creatively and socially. In preparation for the next steps of their journey, we support and grow each pupil as an individual, developing their confidence and their ambitions.
In April 2016, Knavesmire Primary School became part of South Bank Multi Academy Trust.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 07764966256 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in ICT level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills maths level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.