Bus & Coach (Mechanical) Technician Apprenticeship EDWARDS COACHES LIMITED
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Bus & Coach Technician. You will predominantly inspect, diagnose, repair and test equipment and systems on a Modern Fleet.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2022
£172.00 - £239.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Mar 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an apprentice bus & coach technician specialising in the maintenance and repair of buses and coaches.
The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. Vehicles are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that technicians are fully trained to work on the latest vehicle technology. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking person to work in the automotive industry.
Tasks the successful candidate can expect to carry out:
- Vehicle servicing
- General repairs
- Suspension repairs
- Brake inspections and repairs
- Safety inspection
- General maintenance of Buses & Coaches
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of (A - C/9-4) in English and maths
- Full training to level 3. At the successful completion of training the intention is for the apprentice to be offered full-time employment as a skilled Bus & Coach Technician
- Further training may be made available for IRTEC (Institute of Road Transport Engineers) or a management qualification. As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
Things to consider
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong. Please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for. Please also pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Edwards, we pride ourselves in being one of Wales’ premier tour operators as well as being a well-established family business. Our company culture is friendly and relaxed. On top of the job opportunities and training on offer, we firmly believe that people are at the heart of our business and success.
Our colleagues do amazing things each day: transporting our passengers to and from their holiday destinations, school and work; diagnosing and repairing electrical or mechanical faults on Coaches; provide an excellent level of service to our customers; and are experts in their fields.
We are looking for talented and customer focused people who understand that outstanding customer service is key to everything we do.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 email@example.com
Level 3 Bus and Coach Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard:
- Training is provided at work and at a specialist training provider S&B Automotive Academy on block release (usually six one-week blocks per year).The successful applicant will be mentored in the workplace by the employer who will support and monitor progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a week
- The apprenticeship Standard is a 3-year programme which culminates in an end point assessment
- As part of the apprenticeship the apprentice will need to achieve Functional Skills at Level 2 in maths and English before they can complete the end point assessment
Bus and coach engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.