Apprentice chef GOLDEN LION UK LTD
To assist the kitchen team in any way that is necessary, including basic prep jobs. Training sessions with senior chefs on basic skill sets. Cleaning jobs, may include washing up before, during and after service times, and helping clean general area Supportive practices, assisting more senior or experienced members of the team to achieve targets
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
£132.00 - £231.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- As an apprentice chef you will be required to assist the kitchen team in any way that is necessary.
- Tasks will include basic prep jobs in and out of service times (fruit and vegetables).
- Training sessions with senior chefs on basic skill sets.
- Cleaning jobs, may include washing up before, during and after service times.
- Deep cleaning jobs, grills, ovens, floors etc…..
- Supportive practices, assisting more senior or experienced members of the team to achieve targets
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work in a team and have an interest in catering
All shifts, all days as is required in this profession.
Must be on time every time for every work shift or event, clean, tidy and presentable.
Must be reliable to enable effective scheduling and work, minimal sickness and absence.
Must want to learn, must have the ability to shift up in work pace and deliver.
Must be trustworthy to enable effective working relationships and teamwork.
All chefs must be prepared to work very hard as this profession demands
For this standard A*-C in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential.
Willingness to learn is key.
- Full time position
Things to consider
- Need transport as there is no public transport here in Southwick
About the employer
Here at the Golden Lion we are committed to providing quality food to our customers, sourced from local suppliers and crafted by talented chefs. Providing a bespoke function service tailored specifically to our customer’s needs, and having a stand out restaurant known for food quality and experience. As well as having a classic English country pub famous for local beers and ciders.
Our country pub/restaurant is well known for its cuisine and local beers, our reputation is one of our most important features, retaining this reputation is our highest priority as our repeat custom is key to our ongoing growth and success. As a member of our team responsibility falls to us all to do our bit in helping to achieve the goals of the company.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship in Commis Chef Level 2
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.