Apprentice Early Years Educator - Channings Childcare Nursery, Newhey, OL16 3RN - ref, CB040 Channings Child Care Ltd
Channings Childcare Nursery in Newhey has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join their team. You must already have a level 2 childcare qualification and experience. To be a proactive member of a staff team who provides a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported.
Closing date: 22 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
25 Jan 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and promote all policies and the Staff Rules
- To understand children's development, their needs, and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To always ensure their safety
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to always treat them as individuals and with respect
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To always provide a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation, and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities
Requirements and prospects
- Experience working with children including babysitting
- Good communication skills
- Work well within a team
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Relevant skills for working with groups of children aged
- Passion for childcare
You must have a solid understanding of GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English and have already attained a Level 2 Childcare qualification (or equivalent) and you’re looking to progress onto a level 3.
For the successful candidate there is the possibility of ongoing employment upon completion of the relevant qualification.
About the employer
Opened in 1989, Channings Newhey, as you can imagine, it has been extensively remodelled over the years. More recently we opened a separate toddler room for exciting messy play activities.
The building has big open rooms, giving children plenty of room to play and enjoy their time with us. Situated in a semi-rural location on a quiet road, the nursery is surrounded by open countryside giving children wonderful opportunities to explore and understand their surroundings. We have a secure play area and playing fields behind the nursery are brilliant for football and games.
We are very accessible, situated just off Junction 21 of the M62, and close to the new Kingsway Business Park which spans, Newhey, Milnrow and Rochdale. The tram is just a few minutes around the corner to
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Caitlyn Blakeway 01709889868 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.