Customer Service Apprentice MITCHAM ARC LIMITED
Fix Auto are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Customer Service Technician join their busy workshop in Mitcham. Learning how to provide industry leading services to customers.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment. What will I be doing? The programme covers the technical and practical needs for todays motor vehicle retail customer service industry. You will cover: A Service Advisor will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required. A qualified apprentice will be able to:
- Be a confident first and last point of contact with customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling services and repairs
- Communicate effectively with both customers and the vehicle technicians
- Manage customer complaints
- Offer advice and guidance for vehicle care, warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI As a Parts Advisor an apprentice will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
Once the apprenticeship is complete they will be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modifications
Requirements and prospects
Excellent communication skills; computer literate; have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry; meticulous attention to detail; the willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training.
Excellent communication skills; passionate about the automotive industry; forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression; take a pride in appearance; hardworking; punctual; reliable; ability to use own initiative; must have a can do attitude; polite and courteous.
4 GCSEs at A* - D / 9 to 3 including Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
About the employer
Fix Auto Mitcham is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. Our body shop in Mitcham guarantees your cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto's international network of body shops, we have established a reputation respected by many insurers. If you are from Mitcham or elsewhere, call or visit our repair centre in Mitcham for a free estimate on any accident repair or car body repair.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
The programme for the Customer Service (Parts Pathway) Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College. Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.