Apprentice Butcher JJ Moore Ltd
A great opportunity to learn one of the oldest trades with Swanage’s leading butchers. This is a busy retail and catering butchers with opportunity to learn quickly and develop your skills.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
£225.00 - £337.50
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
29 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a great opportunity to learn a trade in a busy retail and catering butchers situated in Swanage, Dorset. Working towards Butcher Level 2 apprenticeship.
The role will include:
- Learning to cut, trim and prepare portions of meat for use or sale in retail and catering establishments.
- Receiving deliveries, ensuring all admin is correct and pricing items. • Making sausages and burgers
- Ensuring stock is rotated
- Cleaning and washing up
- Serving customers, taking money and credit card payments
- Working to food hygiene and safety requirements
- Delivering goods to customers by foot or van (driving licence not essential)
- Answering the telephone and taking orders
- Weighing products, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control
Requirements and prospects
• Deliver customer service to a high standard • Confident with customers
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
GCSEs in the A* - E or 9 – 3 range. Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Employers who recruit candidates without English and Maths at GCSE Grade D (or Functional Skills Level 1) or above must ensure that the candidate achieves this level before the Apprenticeship Standard can be awarded to the individual.
Potential to secure a full time position as a qualified butcher on completion of your apprenticeship and continue to develop your skills and career.
Things to consider
- The role includes Saturday working.
- Discounted food available.
- Wages will be reviewed monthly and increased as the employee develops.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard - Butchery
- Level 2 Standard Butchery - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Food Safety Award
- Level 2 FDQ Award in Knife Skills for Food Processing
- FDQ L2 Award in Health and Safety in the Food Supply Chain Business
- FDQ L2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (Meat and Poultry)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required (exemptions apply)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.