Apprentice Hairdresser Hairven Salon & Academy Ltd
Join the best! Hairven are a multi awarding winning team of angels. If you want to join the best salon in Nottingham as an Apprentice Hairdressers in our forward thinking, luxurious salon apply to us now!
Closing date: 14 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Feb 2022
29 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Do you want to learn the exceptional and professional skills needed to become a qualified Hairdresser/Stylist whilst working at a, forward thinking and multi award winning Hair and Beauty Salon?
If so this is the job and role for you. We have 2 Hairven salons - one in Beeston (14-16 High Road, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2JP) easily accessible by the Nottingham Tram and also Gedling - 18 Main Road, Gedling Nottingham NG4 3HP.
The role of our Apprentice Hairdressers involves supporting our professionally qualified staff to provide the following services:
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using current techniques, colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Wash shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- The promotion and sales of additional services and products
- Demonstrating throughout the highest level of professional customer care
Tasks that you will learn to do as well as the Hairdressing/qualification will also include:
- Reception duties answering calls & booking appointments as well as meeting and greeting our clients
- Administration duties, updating client system with clients personal details and colour notes
- Stock control of products
- Selling and promoting products of interest to our clients
A routine but important task is that as an apprentice you will be expected to support colleagues and contribute to the efficient running of a busy salon including routinely carrying out housekeeping and cleaning duties (a daily task within any salon) hovering, moping, washing pots, cleaning and preparing the rooms ready for clients.
Requirements and prospects
- Good, confident communicator with the ability to work in a busy team environment
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work within guidelines & following established customer care practices procedures
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Friendly and outgoing
- Able to take instructions and direction
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
For the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential of on-going employment, development and progression within this forward thinking luxurious salon.
About the employer
At Hairven, our whole company ethos revolves around one ultimate aim: delivering 100% customer satisfaction. Whether it's from our unique customer rewards scheme, new express services and hair MOT services to our exciting and creative styles - for us nothing less than total customer satisfaction will do.
At Hairven we have created a luxurious and relaxing environment with a team of highly-skilled professionals who have a passion for looking after our clients every need. From the beginning, no expense has been spared, everything was chosen in order to realise this goal. The best leading brand equipment was sourced, the best stylists were recruited, the right fixtures and fittings were installed and the right ambiance was created.
We have won several awards - including Salon Business Awards - Salon Team of the Year 2016/17 Hairdressers Journal Business Awards - Salon Of The Year from the British Hairdressing Awards 2015 Nottingham Post Business Awards - Small Business of the Year 2015 National Luxury & Lifestyle Awards - Best UK Luxury Salon - Finalist This however is just a start and our journey is far from finished, join our team and become part of our continuing success story. Do go onto our website where you can find out much more about us and meet the team you would be working alongside.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
Level 2 Hair professional standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Level 2 (GCSE)