Engineering Quality Apprentice - Technical Support Pathway Salop Design & Engineering Ltd
Engineering Apprentice required to work within our experienced Quality Team of engineers, learning all aspects of measurement systems and ensuring the quality of good manufactured meets the required standards.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
20 Oct 2022
29 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Quality Apprentice - will work within our experienced Quality Team on the following duties:
- Reading engineering drawings
- Creating Parts Production Approval Processes (PPAPs)
- Creating Control Plans and FMEAs
- Ensuring quality of products meet requirements
- Learn all aspects of measurement systems analysis
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience is not essential but an interest in manufacturing / hobbies /DIY projects would be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Able to work independently and with other team members
- Willing to learn
GCSE or equivalent grades A-C/9-5 in English, maths and science as a minimum
Full time position within the company upon successful completion of this apprenticeship
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college 3 days per week for the initial 18 months - in Telford. Please ensure you are able to travel there.
About the employer
Salop Design and Engineering is one of the leading manufacturers of pressings and assemblies in the UK, with quality and service being synonymous with the company for over 50 years.
The Salop Design family now includes Salop Powder Coating and Salop Haulage. Salop Design and Engineering Ltd is a privately owned company, based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
All of its manufacturing activities are produced out of its modern, purpose built factory situated on the outskirts of Shrewsbury. Employing currently 100 members of staff, SDE specialise in the production of metal pressings and assemblies which are manufactured for a wide variety of market places.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Leighanne Omisore 07570952071
This four year apprenticeship will require the apprentice to attend college three days per week for the first 18 months. After this, you will attend college just one day per week for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
The training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisation Safety Regulations
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Producing Components Using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- General Welding Applications
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Preparing and Using CNC Machining Centres
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanicals Principals of Engineering Systems
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.