Small Works Engineer Apprentice close circuit security services
The overall purpose of this role is to work alongside Small Works engineer to provide assistance in the installation and repair of life safety systems and electrical systems. Training will be provided to gain knowledge of working systems inclusive of fire alarm, door access, warden call and other security systems.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2022
29 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Install and service security systems to the correct specification within the timescale agreed. Disciplines listed above are not exhaustive
- Inspecting, servicing, repairing, and installing security systems by investigating and diagnosing faults and making effective, economical, and lasting repairs.
- Completing all relevant paperwork and electronic job sheets for maintenance and service jobs.
- Carry out routine maintenance when required, this will include fault investigation, problem solving and repairs.
- Working alongside Small Works engineer to complete installations/repairs to target date.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to follow instructions from lead engineer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Approachable and be professional with colleagues and customers.
- Attentive to instructions and a desire to follow all tasks through to a high standard.
- Friendly manner and be a team player.
- Desire to improve as an engineer and achieve best possible personal targets.
The opportunity to develop as an engineer through ongoing training working alongside experienced engineers.
About the employer
Corporate Social Responsibility has long been embedded in the way we run our business at CCSS, as we feel that it is our way of contributing to our economic, social and environmental impact.
In order to maximise the benefits we can provide to the local community and minimise any negative impacts that the general running of our business may have, we focus on the key areas of the local community, the environment, health and safety and our employees.
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
What SFS do:
- Completing all training tasks allocated during your block release weeks at the training centre and gathering any site evidence needed to supplement your studies.
- Complete an annual assessment at the training centre and take part in any additional training courses that the company require you to complete.
Employer / On the Job training:
- Working alongside engineers to develop skills and gain knowledge of disciplines including fire alarm, warden call, door access and other security systems.
- The ability to become competent in all above disciplines by completing apprenticeship then developing skills further once a full engineer.
- In house training sessions also potential to attend manufacturer product training sessions.
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.