Hospitality Team Member Apprentice SANCERRE WINE BAR LIMITED
The owner is keen to recruit and train a catering apprentice, who can learn and grow within the business. They will need to be up for hard work, and show commitment to the business and customers; and in return, they will have the chance to progress and become a part of the unique Sancerre Café and wine bar.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Set up, maintain and clear down the work area for service
- Deliver excellent customer care
- Take customer orders
- Serve food and drink to customers
- Prepare and serve food items under guidance of chef
- Prepare and serve bar drinks
- Maintain records as required
- Manage stock following workplace practices
- Minimise waste & maximise productivity
- Maintain effective communication at all levels
This is not a complete list. You may be asked to undertake a variety of different tasks in addition.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience or a keen interest in a catering environment
- Good time management and punctuality
- Team working
- Good organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, and keen to learn
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Friendly and approachable
- Energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated to achieve excellent outcomes
- Flexible approach to work requirements
- Able to work well in a busy environment
- Maths and English at Grade 9-4 (A-C) desirable, lower grades will need to study for Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate
Things to consider
- 7 days a week 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Thursday to Sunday 6.00pm – 10.30pm
Exact hours will be arranged at appointment, though the successful candidate will need to be flexible in their working hours over these times, in order to support the business need.
The candidate should check travel arrangements and ensure they have the ability to travel safely to/from work
About the employer
Sancerre Cafe and Wine Bar is an independently run business based in the lovely market town of Eccleshall, 7 miles from Stafford and 6 miles from Stone, in Staffordshire. By day the venue runs as a Coffee Shop serving a wide range of barista made coffee, handmade cakes, breakfast and light lunches. In the evening, the venue offers a curated menu of wines, bubbles, cocktails, beers, spirits and tapas.
In addition, the venue offers pop up dining experiences bringing a whole range of exciting themes to Sancerre, such as Vietnamese, Caribbean and Italian inspired dishes, and tasting experiences for both food and drink. The venue is also available to hire and for party bookings, with bespoke menus arranged to meet customer requirements.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785275661 email@example.com
Hospitality Team member (F&B) Apprenticeship Standard. This will be delivered with workplace training and assessor support sessions to develop overall knowledge, skills, and behaviours to meet the apprenticeship standards.
Functional Skills maths and English to be achieved at L1, also taking a L2 test in each subject, (unless exempt by prior achievement). This will be delivered by specialist tutors, either at Stafford campus or remotely via Teams.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.