Apprentice Dental Nurse Station House Dental Care
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Barnoldswick, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Mar 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Barnoldswick, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The duties within this role include:
- Assist the dentist/therapist/hygienist during all clinical procedures
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery
- Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
- Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery
- Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerised systems
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing all images
Requirements and prospects
- A good communicator and be willing to be part of a team supporting each other
- The ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team and be respectful to team members at all times
- The ability to make decisions and use their own initiative, have strong organisational skills, as well as having a caring nature and be comfortable talking to patients of all ages
GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in English and mathematics or equivalent.
The successful candidate will work towards achieving a level 3 qualification in dental nursing with experience in a busy dental practice.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible. You could then progress to acquire specialist qualifications in areas such as sedation, dental radiography and oral health education.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decided to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the company direct. PLEASE NOTE; we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
Station House Dental Care is a family dental practice based in the heart of Barnoldswick.
We believe in honest caring dentistry and every one of our patients are treated with care and respect. Our dentists take time to listen, understand and respond to your needs with professional dental expertise.
Station House Dental Care
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Kelly Porter 0125454659
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.