Apprentice Hair Professional Charlotte Mallatratt and Katy Pepper
Opportunity for outgoing, friendly and proactive individual looking to start a career within hairdressing. Distinguished and reputable salon offering an amazing opportunity within a professional and experienced team.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Customer service and client relationships – engaging with all clients, asking questions and offering drinks.
- Taking bookings for the salon and adding the correct information into therapist diary.
- Payments and re-bookings – taking payments (cash and card)
- Product selling / advice, learning about the products you are using and consulting you clients about them
- Being proactive and engaging – promotion of salon and treatments on social media when requested to by your mentor.
- Clean and tidy the salon, ensuring that it always looks its best
- Prepare therapist areas – making sure you and your colleagues are ready for the first clients and the last clients of the day.
- Working towards your styles to complete your L2 Hair professional apprenticeship
- Attending day release at Revive salon west Nottinghamshire College
Requirements and prospects
Time management skills
Attention to detail
Listening skills and able to follow instruction
Self-motivated & reliable
Smart personal appearance
Genuine interest within the hair sector and becoming a stylist
GCSE Grades A to C / 4-9 in English and maths are desirable
This company is committed to offering a long term opportunity for the right candidate and further training relevant to the role along the way.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance and taken through an initial screening process.
- Applicants must undertake all West Notts College assessments before being eligible for presentation to employers
- From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training or on off the job training activity. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Training to be provided will include the standard, the level, the delivery method and an explanation of how OneFile is used as part of their journey.
About the employer
Chatty’s is a modern unisex hair salon in Mansfield. This stylish salon pride themselves on excellent service with over 36 years’ experience between the owners. This is a relaxed and friendly hair salon with a friendly client base where everyone feels welcomed and receive an exceptional service.
Charlotte Mallatratt and Katy Pepper
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627191 Laura.email@example.com
Full Hair professional level 2 apprenticeship including functional skills in maths and English if required.
You will be assigned to an assessor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to work with you on the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours within your role.
After a pre-determined period of learning, you and your employer will agree with your training provider that you have completed all required learning and are ready to enter 'Gateway'.
Gateway is the period of your apprenticeship where you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment which is completed by an external organisation. It is your End Point Agreement that determines your final apprenticeship grade.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.