Signage Technician Apprentice Signarama Reading
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to design, produce, and assist with installs for all types of high-quality signage. He or she will interact with our customers and the public in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Designs and creates all types of signs
- Masks, weeds, and applies vinyl to various substrates
- Properly and efficiently uses a scalpel / utility knife and ruler
- Properly loads and uses a hot/cold pressure laminator following standard safety precautions
- Loads and cuts vinyl on a plotter
- Applies vehicle and window graphics
- Keeps a running inventory of all stock and supplies
- Maintains an organised, clean, and professional production area at all times
- Greets customers and answers phones in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Helps operate and manage the store when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and prospects
- Basic Maths and English skills
- Customer service skills
- Somone who can build rapport well
- Good communicator
- Basic skills on Adobe software
GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English or equivalent qualifications if possible
Potential progression into a full time role for the right candidate
Things to consider
- This is a labour intenseive role and requires someone who is not affraid of hard work
- Must be able to carry heavy load
About the employer
Signarama, the world’s largest sign franchise, is part of a successful system of business to business franchises under United Franchise Group. Our award-winning network of sign centres includes more than 900 locations in 50 countries – truly making us “where the world goes for signs.”
For over 25 years we have been serving communities through our local stores with quality products and customer service. Now that we have grown to become the world leader in signage, we still work hard to maintain the localised support and individual attention that made us who we are today.
Our commitment to quality is unmatched in the industry. We know the importance of brand awareness and the effect it has on the bottom line. Signage plays an integral part in the recognition of a brand and therefore quality is imperative.
At Signarama, we believe in going the extra mile to produce more than just quick, standard signage.
Each and every Signarama sign centre offers full-service signage options that you simply cannot get anywhere else. Whether one sign or hundreds, temporary banners or permanent monument signs, we are committed to providing an exceptional experience for every customer each and every time.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Nichole Jackson email@example.com
- Level 3 Signage Technician qualification
- 20% off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.