Apprentice Fence Installer PREMIER FENCING TAUNTON LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a successful growing business in supporting and assisting the installation of the domestic steel fencing product, Colourfence.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
15 Feb 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
ColourFence Taunton are a friendly, local established Company based in Yeovil and prides itself on supplying and delivering a quality assured product and service. Due to continued growth the Company is seeking to recruit an Apprentice Fence Installer on permanent basis.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidates to learn a trade and join a well- established business, which specialises in erecting Steel Fences to the domestic and non- domestic sector throughout Somerset & Devon.
Duties may include:
- Maintain good standards of practice in health, safety and environmental awareness, including fencing operations and site safety
- Select, prepare and use hand-held tools, power tools and mechanical plant safely and effectively for the installation of fences
- Locate and identify underground services to support fencing installation
- Establish fencing lines and levels
- Select, store and safely handle materials and components for fencing installation
- Repair or reinstate defective or faulty/damaged fences, posts or components
- Construct suitable foundations for the type of fence being installed
- Install fence components
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written
This position would suit a person with a desire to work outdoors in all weathers.
You will start the day at our storage facility in Yeovil and travel with the lead installer to any location throughout our area.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude and work safely as part of a team. Also, demonstrate a strong work ethic, including reliability, pride in work, attention to detail and customer focus.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, including reliability, pride in work, attention to detail and customer focus
- Demonstrate safety conscious behaviour and promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture
- Work safely, minimising risk and reporting all unsafe conditions and concerns
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Willingness to learn and develop existing skills, and learn new skills to develop competence
- Flexible working practices, with good time management
- Ability to use own initiative to make decisions and solve problems, escalating where appropriate
Maths & English GCSE or equivalent to grades C-A*/4-9 desired.
To become a Fence Installer as part of the company.
About the employer
We are a franchise who specialise in the best metal garden fencing product on the market today.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Richard Longden +447880480806 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fencing Installer - Level 2
Yeovil College will support the 20% off the Job Training through Assessor visits to the workplace and regular sessions throughout the Apprenticeship.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.