Nursery Assistant Modern Apprentice Toad Hall Nursery
This is an exciting opportunity to care for and build relationships with children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years, all whilst obtaining a qualification. Throughout your time at Toad Hall, you will be learning new skills and gaining knowledge about the Early Years sector and of course, having lots of fun!
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment? Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination? If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
Do you want to pursue a career in childcare and are wondering which roles will suit you best? At Toad Hall Nursery, we offer apprenticeships which give you the chance to explore different job roles at our nurseries. As valuable members of our team, our apprentices have access to the same early years training and development opportunities as all Toad Hall Nursery staff members.
If you’ve decided you’d like to work in early years, applying for an apprenticeship with Toad Hall Nurseries is the perfect way to kick-start your career.
With a thirst for knowledge and an eagerness to experience life in a childcare setting, you’ll have bags of enthusiasm for early years. You’ll be able to manage a varied workload comprising days spent working at the nursery, combined alongside study with a tutor.
We offer the following amazing benefits and opportunities within our established nursery group:
- A higher salary package than the apprenticeship wage
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including Bank/Public Holidays)
- Opportunity to purchase additional Holiday
- Paid time off for dependents
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Being aware and demonstrating a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility
- To support children’s learning and development with children from all age ranges of the Early Years
- To support children’s development skills, working to plan activities, recording observations and their progress
- To understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practice
- Once confident in role, to assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings and any training that is in house
- To regularly update the children's daily diaries
- To ensure that the ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the wall displays and decoration
- To assist with the nappy changing routines & personal hygiene
- A genuine desire to learn and begin a career working with children
- To be over 17 and out of full-time education when you can start your apprenticeship
- A satisfactory DBS check that Toad Hall will carry out
- A good level of education with GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths to grade C or above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Requirements and prospects
A desire to learn and build a career within the Company and the Early Years Sector.
Career in childcare.
About the employer
Our Horley nursery is located in the heart of Horley with easy access to the trainline and bus services. You also have great choice of lunch venues and supermarkets to visit for lunch breaks.
In 2018 our nursery underwent a major refurbishment, expanding our nursery rooms which are now contemporary, light and spacious. Each age group has an allocated garden that enables a range of outdoor learning experiences. We also have a self-sufficient staff room that facilitates breaks and staff learning development. We pride ourselves on the family feel we have in the nursery for staff, children, and parents alike. In 2016, our team were awarded a ‘Good’ OFSTED rating.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Caitlin Genge 07706351459 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 - Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills as required
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.