Apprentice Residential Support Worker Advance Social Care Ltd
To work directly with young people and to work in partnership with multi agency services / staff to develop the skills and abilities of each young person. Support all young people with their daily / living needs within the semi supported / group living home and beyond. Creatively implement our independent living programme with young people.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
28 Mar 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and initiative to inspire. Motivate and guide young people on their pathway to independence and adulthood e.g. provide advice, guidance and demonstration round budgeting, cooking, cleaning, washing, CV, interview skills, personal safety, managing accommodation
- Promote the rights and interests of all young people whilst ensuring they are safe and protected from harm. Ensuring the highest level of safeguarding whilst promoting independence and life skills
- To creatively identify and support young people with activities and/or voluntary options that may be beneficial and stimulating to their development and future
- Help them fill in forms e.g. benefit forms, college and employment applications
- Provide emotional support to young people as and when required
- Manage presenting conflict and challenge from young people with positive outcomes
- Effectively run the daily duties and tasks within the semi supported / group living home setting e.g. daily logs, chronology’s, case files, updating support plans, risk assessments, cleaning and maintenance
- Attend the LAC reviews, pathway reviews, appointments and any other meetings with your young people if required. This could require transporting young people to these meetings
- Undertake accurate case recordings
- Any other roles associated with the daily running of the organisation, its policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Safeguarding awareness and prevent
- Willing to have a DBS check
- Helpful and supportive
- Adaptable and engaging
- Aware of safeguarding of vulnerable adults
5 GCSEs or equivalent, however not essential.
Full time job role withing residential care.
Things to consider
Working over the Christmas period.
About the employer
Advance Social Care nurtures and develop young people to ensure they achieve the best transition and pathway into their adult life and beyond. We are a specialist service that provides semi supported/group living accommodation, floating support with accommodation and floating support to young people in the north west. All our accommodations and floating support provisions specialise in supporting young people leaving care, young people at risk of being homeless, young people seeking asylum and refugee.
Our mission is to offer a world class and one stop service to all young people leaving care, young people who are at risk of being homeless, seeking asylum and refugee by encompassing quality, safe and secure accommodation and a bespoke level of care. We thrive to provide excellent support to enable young people to make successful transition into adulthood and beyond.
Advance Social Care Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook email@example.com
DHA will be providing the training via the apprenticeship programme, delivering the qualification in a blended method of visits, appointments, observation, assessments throughout the 15 month programme. Inclusive of functional skills.
Children, young people and families practitioner
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.