Hospitality Team Member Apprentice DESSERT COTTAGE LTD
The apprentice must take an enthusiastic approach to learning and working, and supporting the small team. They will need to be up for hard work, and show commitment to the business and customers; and in return, they will have the chance to progress and become a part of the unique Dessert Cottage café.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
27 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The café requires an all-round superstar who can work as part of a team in a time-bound and often challenging kitchen and service environment. The apprentice will learn under the guidance of the in house team, and will learn a wide range of duties from cooking crepes, to plating desserts, making drinks and providing amazing service to our all-important customers.
- Receive deliveries and maintain stock rotation
- Meeting, communication with, and serving customers offering a great customer experience
- Using the till and processing payments
- Preparing, cook and serving food items in line with orders and menu requirements
- Adapting dishes to suit dietary requirements/customer requests
- Cleaning of work areas, equipment and dining areas
- Set up and close down of work areas/sections
- Maintaining health and safety in the work area
- Maintaining food safety in all aspects of job role
- Maintaining workplace records
- Correct use of stock and equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Good Timekeeping and time management
- Ability to work Independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Keen interest in food
- Positive attitude
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Excellent Personal Hygiene and Presentation
- Actively support equality and diversity
Desirable, but not essential: GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics at grade 9 to 4 (A*- C).
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion of your level 2 with the potential to progress to your level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
- The working week will consist of 30 hours over 7 days, planned by the manager on a weekly rota. Evening and weekend work will be required to meet business patterns. Dependent on business needs you may be offered more hours from time to time
- All training will be delivered in the workplace, by both the employer, and a hospitality assessor. Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, including an on line knowledge test, Workplace observation, completion of a business project and a professional discussion, all carried out by City and Guilds
- EPA requirements are L1 Functional Maths, L1 Functional English, and EPA cannot proceed until these elements are complete
- Interviews will be on-going and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
- The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour from 1st April 2021. This applies to 16-18-year-old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training
About the employer
The Dessert Cottage is a brand new café diner that specialises in desserts, crepes, waffles and hot and cold beverages. This is a brand new concept diner in Wolverhampton, and is situated close to the town centre.
The menu includes a wide variety of traditional and modern desserts, all carefully plated and presented to meet the high expectations of customers, along with freshly cooked crepes and waffles, with a huge selection of tasty toppings and sauces. There is also a wide selection of hot and cold beverages. All items can be eaten in or as takeaway
DESSERT COTTAGE LTD
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785275661 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hospitality Team member apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & Maths (where applicable). If the apprentice does not have a GCSE exemption of Grade 4/C or above, there is a requirement to attend Stafford College (or attend remote classes)and achieve L1 English and maths
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.