Hire Administrator Apprenticeship Andrew Sykes Hire Ltd
To assist in matching, processing and executing customers’ requirements in accordance with Company policies and procedures, maximising order value and coordinating plant, transport, people and systems to meet or exceed customer service objectives, and to carry out all depot administration routines.
Closing date: 18 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
21 Feb 2022
27 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Communicate clearly with customers in a professional, polite and helpful manner, by telephone and in person
- Respond positively to all customer enquiries, quotations and orders
- Follow up enquiries and quotations to convert them into hires
- Correctly identify customer accounts and account status, recording all details necessary to comply with Andrews Sykes hire procedures and any standing customer order procedures
- Ask questions as necessary to establish customers’ knowledge, intended equipment usage, hire duration, working context and future requirements. Identify and correctly specify equipment from Andrews Sykes product range
- Build trust and relationship with customers by maintaining high standards of ethics, honesty and service commitment, keeping promises and promptly resolving any problems
- Ensure that standards of customer service meet or exceed company guidelines and customer requirements at all times, e.g. stock availability; correct specification, maintenance, and paperwork; meeting transport deadlines
- Maximise hire rates and sales/service charges, taking account of existing customer agreements and negotiating within authority limits to avoid losing business.
- Note new customers and sites, passing contact and job details to the relevant Field Salesperson for follow-up.
Plant and Equipment
- Ensure that only serviced equipment is hired out and that on-hire maintenance is carried out on schedule
- Ensure that Pre-Delivery Inspections have been carried out
- Ensure that off-hired equipment is collected without undue delay, promptly inspected and any damage or shortages are recorded, charged and notified to customers
- Where shortages are identified, check company stocks across the depot network and make economic arrangements to transfer equipment or hires to fulfil orders.
- Ensure that all accessories, fuel and transport are offered and correctly charged at Company standard rates wherever possible
- Assist the Hire Manager to carry out full stock checks, to identify any missing items and to monitor depot levels of stock and accessories
Deliveries and Transport
- Schedule transport in an economic and efficient manner to maximise driver and vehicle productivity and transport income and comply with customer requirements
- Take account of weight, size and handling requirements of equipment and the skills, licensing and training of drivers when allocating transport
- Ensure that scheduling of transport takes account of Drivers Hours Regulations regarding statutory breaks and maximum working hours
- Ensure that off-hire collections are carried out within the standard time limits.
- Cooperate with other depots to transfer equipment or hires or to provide transport assistance as required
- Assist with loading, deliveries and collections as required
- Ensure that all customers and depot visitors are given adequate and relevant Health and Safety information
- Complete all quotations, delivery and collection notes, off-hire, transfer and other processes and paperwork accurately and on time using the AS400 hire system
- Ensure that inspection, service and repair records and parts usage are correctly entered on the computer system in line with company policy, and that PDI tags are available and retained for all plant
- Make appropriate use the Company Intranet, Email and Business Intelligence systems to maintain knowledge and awareness of Company objectives and targets and to drive Depot performance against Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure that any suppliers’ deliveries are checked, correctly stored and processed and that all purchase orders, delivery notes, and invoices are matched and correctly processed
- Maintain a clear and retrievable filing system for all hard copy paperwork
- To assist in the control and maintenance of the depots SHEQ files
- The Hire Administrator may be required from time to time to undertake alternative duties not anticipated in this document or to temporarily assist at other depots
- To work overtime
- To attend any personal, depot, regional or Company meetings as requested, (including those outside normal working hours)
- To attend any internal or external training courses as requested
- To travel within the UK and to stay away overnight
Requirements and prospects
Skills, Experience and Knowledge.
- Strong Organising, Administration and Communication skills
- Customer service experience in a technical service industry
- Literate, numerate and IT – literate (keyboard, data input and interpretation, basic use of Word, Excel, e-mail and internet)
- Operational experience in a specialist equipment, plant or tool hire business
- Knowledge, aptitude or visible interest in machines/electrics/industrial equipment
- Evidence of commercial awareness, sales and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of pumping, heating, cooling, climate control equipment and applications
- Certificated competence of IT literacy, e.g. ECDL, MS Word or Excel
- Driving Licence holder
- Commercially aware and customer- focused
- A tenacious and energetic problem solver
- Able to plan, organise, prioritise and work under pressure on own initiative
- Takes responsibility and is committed to delivering results
- Communicates clearly and persuasively, face to face and over the telephone
- Forms effective working relationships with depot manager and colleagues
- Inquisitive and strives to learn
- A supportive and flexible team worker
Maths and English GCSE grades 9-4 (A-C) or equivalent.
A full time position within the hire department.
Things to consider
This role can be very busy at times. Our customers often want their equipment urgently. You will need to be able to react well to change and be able to stay resilient when plans change.
About the employer
As the UK’s leading specialist hire company, we provide the best pumping, heating and cooling solutions for every conceivable need, location and application. Our aim is to help our customers address the real-life challenges they face – whether planned or emergency – in the quickest, most professional and cost-effective ways. We pride ourselves on offering the safest, most reliable equipment sourced from the world’s top manufacturers.
Davies Learning Solutions Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Davies Learning Solutions Ltd
Sarah Murrison email@example.com
Business Administration Standard L3 Qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.