Level 2 Apprentice Baker Park Cakes Bakeries Ltd
The successful candidates must have a passion for baking especially cake decoration. The company also offers an attractive salary. Candidates applying must be committed to the role and enjoy and want to work within the bakery industry. You will be working alongside Tameside college during this to achieve your Level 2 Baker qualification.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.25
Possible start date
09 Feb 2022
28 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will carry out a variety of tasks including:
- Marzipan and sugar paste work
- General decorating
Other tasks may include:
- Mixing ingredients
- General finishing
- General hygiene duties
Requirements and prospects
- Be a baker with a passion for all types of bakery work
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and quality control
- Have experience of, and work well under pressure and to deadlines keeping errors to an absolute minimum
- Have a passion for good food & drink in general
- Follow and have an understanding of baking and sweet trends
- Be passionate about working for and supporting independent business
- Hard working and not afraid of physical work
- Keen to learn new skills and ‘be developed’
- Previous qualifications are advantageous but not essential
- X3 GCSE that are grade D/3 and minimum of GCSE grade G/1 in maths and English or equivalent qualifications
On successful completion of this apprenticeship you can:
- Progress onto the Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 in Food and Drink or further training and employment opportunities in the food industry including Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing or Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing
- Progression to further learning in subject areas including Bakery production, Bakery science and technology, Food safety and quality and Food team leading/management
Things to consider
- You need to consider the location of the vacancy
- You will be working with sharp tools and hot surfaces
- You will need to commit to a high level of personal hygiene
- This will be a physical role to an extent, you must be okay with elements of heavy lifting
About the employer
The Park Cakes strategy to be the UK’s first choice supplier of premium cake and desserts is based upon our foundations of the Great People who make up the Park Cakes business, the Collaborative Partnerships we currently enjoy with our internal and external stakeholders all underpinned by the Heritage and Knowledge that exists within the DNA of the Park Cakes business.
These foundations enable us to concentrate on our core activities of Category Insight, which drives our market leading Innovation which ultimately enables Park Cakes to deliver industry leading Quality products to our customers.
These core activities together with placing an all-encompassing environmental Sustainability agenda at the heart of our business continues to provide Park Cakes with the platform to build upon its position as the UK’s first choice supplier of Premium Cakes and Desserts.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tameside College
Amber Thorpe 0161 909 5706 firstname.lastname@example.org
Functional skills Maths and English to be delivered alongside the level 2 Baker qualification if you do not meet the entry requirements for the qualification.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.