Logistics Operative Apprentice Novatch
To pro-actively support the Warehouse Manager and all service provisions within the combined Goods in, Dispatch and Warehouse functions of the business.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
27 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Accurately book, label and locate in-bound, out-bound and moving stock
- Receive and distribute deliveries checking relevant documentation is received; recording any discrepancies or damaged items where necessary
- Pick stock for despatch against the relevant documentation and despatch utilising the relevant and most cost effective method (within departmental procedures)
- Accurately and safely package and label any items for dispatch to ensure safe delivery to customers
- Identify any issues and report these immediately to the Warehouse manager
- Work in an efficient and effective manner as an individual and as part of the team within all areas of the Warehouse and Logistics function
- To work closely with all areas of the business, in order to achieve objectives and maintain all required standards within this multi-functional department
- Maintain good working relationships with all other departments
- Maintain the highest level of quality and housekeeping at all times; complying with company practices in regard to safe working, including ensuring your areas of responsibility are fully compliant with H&S and use of PPE
This job description is not exhaustive and post holders are expected to carry out other tasks that would be considered as reasonable in order to maintain the safe and effective running of the Department.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills. – both verbal and written
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Good initiative to complete day to day tasks
- IT skills
- Excellent Communication
- Good Team working Skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong ability to follow processes and procedures carefully and diligently
- Good time management skills
- Be hard working and conscientious
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Show good initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team without constant supervision
For this level Apprenticeship A-D in Maths and English is requested, with an ICT qualification considered an advantage, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the standard.
Confident application of English is critical to this role.
Possibility of a permanent role upon completion of apprenticeship for the right person.
Things to consider
About the employer
Novatech is a Hampshire-based technology company that makes computers for our customers' individual needs.
What we do.
We give our customers all the technology, software and support that they need from one trustworthy source. We build our own desktops, laptops and servers for home, for school, the office and far beyond.
That is what we call worry free computing.
Over 200 people work at Novatech and every one of them is involved in giving our customers amazing machines, each with the power to do remarkable things.
We build computers capable of everything from schoolwork to 3D rendering and from share trading to sports car tuning. Novatech machines edited an Oscar winning film and helped process the data that cracked complex genetic codes.
Just tell us what you need to do and if we don't have a machine that will do it, ready and waiting, we will build one - usually for much less than you'd expect.
In 2011 the readers of Which? rated us second for satisfaction and reliability, above every international brand bar one.
Our value is a combined measure of price, quality, performance and service.
Our aim is to provide our customers with the best value technology and services with total customer satisfaction, first time, every time.
We aim to deliver this by working as one team confidently, helpfully and honestly.
By achieving our aspirations, we will sustain our long-term financial stability to the benefit of both our employees and our customers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Business Plus at Fareham College will carry out the training. We are an Ofsted rated Outstanding College. Time at College will cover bespoke off the job training to meet the need of the standard delivered at the College site and regular visits and support from the Professional Coach at the workplace.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.