Apprentice Hair Professional Level 2 Icon Hair
We are looking for a hairdressing apprentice to join our friendly team at Icon Hair. You will be supporting the hair team in the essential day to day running of the salon. Helping us to provide an excellent customer experience.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Jan 2022
01 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be training and working towards a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship. Everyday duties will eventually include shampooing, applying treatments, blow drying and setting. Training will be provided on model clients where you will learn to colour and cut hair to a very high standard.
Other duties will include:
- Occasional reception duties
- To assist in the salon doing general housekeeping (cleaning)
- Meeting and greeting clients in a polite and efficient manner
- Carrying out shampooing and conditioning services for clients
- Helping senior colleagues with clients
- Making sure that the salon is tidy and clean at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- You will need to be punctual
- You will need to be organised and efficient
- Able to maintain a professional manner at all times.
- A passion for Hairdressing
- Bubbly outgoing personality
- Confident and friendly personality
- Professional appearance
- Able to work with a wide range of people
- Able to work as part of a team
- GCSE grade 4/C or above in maths and English or equivalent, this can also be picked up alongside the qualification
Once you are a qualified Level 2 Hairdresser you have an opportunity to progress onto an NVQ level 3 Hairdressing qualification. Following this you may be offered the opportunity to become a Graduate Stylist
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Icon Salon has been established at this address for 3 years, we pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service. We are a Redken appointed salon.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Michelle Rogers +447880476072 email@example.com
As part of this Apprenticeship you will undertake the following core skills and knowledge for L2 Hair Professional, including;
- Professionalism and values
- Behaviours and communication
- Safe working practices and consultation
- Mandatory occupational skills
- Shampooing and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair
- Style and finish hair
- Colour and lighten hair
Functional skills English and maths (if required).
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.