Apprentice Dental Nurse Normanby Dental
Normanby Dental are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an apprentice dental nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
22 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers’ instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop radiographs
- File letters received from hospitals in the relevant patients cards
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Request new stock supplies as necessary, write on white board in store room
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
- Communication - written and verbal
- Organisational skills
- Willingness to learn
- Caring and friendly nature, with the ability to work within a team and unsupervised
Maths & English equivalent of GCSE Grade C/4 and above.
Full-time employment, along with continued professional development.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
7 surgery busy NHS General Dental practice, along with 111 Unscheduled In Hours Care contract. Small sedation and domiciliary contract.
Practice Plan for Private patients (small percentage).
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.