Apprentice Food & Beverage Assistant Hydro Hotel Eastbourne Plc
To support the Crystal restaurant, lounge and bar and conference and banqueting service to ensure the highest level of service and standards are delivered to our guests. This role will allow the successful apprentice to experience 3 key departments during their apprenticeship developing their skills for individual guests and groups.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Aug 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties will include:
- When in the restaurant to ensure that special occasions for all residents and non-residents when notified are reacted upon so that all departments are aware and the necessary level of acknowledgement is on their table.
- To provide a warm welcome to every customer of the Hydro Hotel.
- To be confident in your knowledge of all hotel facilities, all food and beverage outlets and the hotel layout
- To liaise with the Restaurant Manager and their assistant to discuss all operational matters
- To be aware of all training requirements regarding food hygiene, health and safety, and be aware of the regulations relating to alcohol sales and control
- To ensure that all equipment is requested in a timely manner and that all existing equipment is stored securely, maintaned and used correctly
- Ensuring that client expectations for their event are met and if possible exceeded in order to encourage repeat business for the hotel
- To assist in both the lounge and banqueting departments when requested to by restaurant manager/food and beverage manager
- To ensure the correct charging of services to guest accounts when they dine in the Crystal restaurant
- To promote wine sales with the Crystal restaurant
- Attend organised training sessions focusing on food and wine service as directed by the restaurant manager
- to ensure that you are always on time for your shift having clocked in and then out at the end of your shift.
- to be fully conversant with all aspects of health and safety which affect you and your colleagues/guests whilst undertaking work activities as detailed in our Employee Safety Handbook
- To carry out any other reasonable request by senior management
- To assist in the stock taking of all crockery, cutlery and glassware in the Food and Beverage departments raising the necessary orders to maintain stock levels in line with business expectations
- To promote high levels of customer care through leadership, training and direction
- To keep up to date with new working practices/trends for service delivery in food and beverage operations paying particular notice of what hotels are doing in Eastbourne
- To represent the Hydro Hotel in a positive manner both at work and off duty relaying any potential business opportunities to the sales team
- Take an active role in all hotel activities you are included in providing constructive feedback on initiatives an dideas when asked.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for:
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity
- Confidence with IT
- Ability to handle payments
- Ability to deal with personal or sensitive information confidentially
- Domonstrate a willingness to learn
We are looking for:
- Confidence when meeting people
- Ability to talk clearly and have a good command of English
- Smart personal appearance with good personal hygiene
- Attention to detail
- Able to take instructions and act on them
- Not afraid to ask questions if you don't understand
GCSE English and maths would be an advantage
We would like the apprentice to remain with the Hydro Hotel on succssful completion of the apprenticeship or even to progress to the next level.
Things to consider
The hotel will provide you with:
- Black Waistcoat and tie
You will need to provide
- a long-sleeved white shirt
- Black shoes
- Black socks or tights
- black trousers or skirt
About the employer
The Hydro Hotel has been welcoming guests for over 125 years and we pride ourselves on the level of high quality customer service we offer to all our clients. The Hydro Hotel has 82 letting bedrooms, a stylish dining experience in the Crystal Restaurant, the Conservatory Restaurant for ligher meals and afternoon tea and a range of function rooms for private meetings, business events, family gatherings and weddings.
The grounds of the hetel include a wedding gazebo, croquet lawn andoutdoor heated swimming pool.
Hydro Hotel Eastbourne Plc
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Penny Shearer 030 300 39777 email@example.com
You will be workign full time in the hotel and have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning which will include time with your tutor/assessor on a one to one basis. You will work towards the End Point Assessment which will include:
- Multiple Choice Test
- Practical Observation in the workplace
- Business Project to improve the business
- A professional discussion
You may also have English and/or maths included in your programme
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.