Apprentice Cutting and Warehouse Operative Daro Soft Furnishings Ltd
To work in a safe, careful and efficient manner within the warehouse, including picking, loading, unloading, dealing with stock and being Health and Safety compliant. Operation of cutting and printing machines to manufacture soft furnishings.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
10 Mar 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Warehouse Apprentice you will be undertaking the following duties:
- Picking/Loading/Unloading: Loading and unloading of product for storage, dispatch and transfer
- Identifying and collating correct products for orders
- Checking product when picking/loading to eliminate mis-picks
- Safe storage
- Identifying and correctly labelling goods
- Working in various departments based within different division of the company
- Working in a fast-paced environment and making sure deadlines are met.
- Work to deadlines
- Produce a high volume of work
- Work within a workshop setting
- Maintain effective team work
- Prepare for manufacturing processes
- Follow all Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure all products meet specifications
- Operating wide format presses
- Operating wide format printers
- Packing and dispatching of products
- Ensuring all quality standards are met
- General housekeeping and cleaning
- Ensuring the safe handling and storage of product at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent team working skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Being able to work within a factory environment
- Being able to work confidently under pressure
- Be able to communicate well and work as part of a team
- Be punctual and work in a professional manner
- To be able to follow instructions and carry out work to a high standard
- Only candidates with a positive and enthusiastic approach to the position will be considered. This includes being highly motivated to achieve a quality product and service expected by the company
- Suitable applicants must be prepared to follow instructions whilst learning/training
- Must be happy to undertake forklift training to gain licence
- Excellent attitude
- Be punctual
Progression routes for the right candidate may include Advanced Apprenticeship and progression within the company.
Things to consider
Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
Please note pay may increase depending on performance and passing probation.
About the employer
With over 40 years’ experience in manufacturing soft furnishings, Daro customised uses the latest technology to produce high quality print photo products made to last. Our production and distribution centre is based in the heart of Derbyshire with our head office located in Northampton.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis +441159677771 email@example.com
Intermediate Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard.
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be within the workplace at all times unless you are required to undertake functional skills, which will mean you will need to attend Webs Training alternate weeks. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project and understand the logistics process.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Warehouse and Supply Chain to ensure you are capable of undertaking the role.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.