Hyundai Parts Apprentice Smiths Hyundai
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Smith Hyundai are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in Peterborough.
This is an exciting role working towards level 2 and 3 Customer Service qualification which also offers first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Ordering car parts using on-line system
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts
- Returning any unused parts
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Take a pride in appearance
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position or move onto a Level 3 apprenticeship.
About the employer
miths first represented the Hyundai franchise some 20 years ago at Newark Avenue Garage and we were delighted to be selected as the chosen partner to take the brand forward again in January 2013. A lot has changed in that 20 years most notably the range of cars Hyundai now has on offer from the award winning new generation i10 city car right up to the fantastic class leading 7 seat Santa Fe SUV, all of which come with Hyundai’s industry leading 5-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Our state-of-the art 9 car showroom and a fully equipped workshop facility can be found on Bretton Way in Peterborough, just of junction 17/18 of the A47. We pride ourselves on offering unbeatable customer service, whether you're looking to purchase a new or used car from, or our service department is taking care of your current vehicle. We like to stand out from the crowd, offering a different experience to many other dealerships, with friendly, helpful staff on hand to assist you and a no-pressure sales environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Customer service Practitioner Standard.
You will be required to attend the Hyundai Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.