Apprentice Chef Travellers Rest
As an Apprentice Chef you will be working in the kitchen to help prepare the unique dishes we have to offer. You will be cooking with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, with the chance to cook a range of different dishes from the specials menus which change every week.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
22 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties include but are not subjected to:
- Use specialist kitchen equipment to produce dishes
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food, and kitchen hygiene
- Complying to kitchen to procedures and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Create dishes based on special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Produce all food to a high standard
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures
During your apprenticeship you will cover topics such as:
- The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration, and presentation of food
- Procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment
- Standards and operating procedures
- Key nutrient groups
- Legal requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good work ethic, friendly, and the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible with good attention to detail
No GCSEs required.
Must have the ability to achieve maths/English L2 functional skills as indicated in the BKSB assessment.
Progression to the level 3 apprenticeship depending on the candidate upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We pride ourselves on catering for all our customers’ needs in a warm and friendly environment.
We have relaunched with a completely new menu, focusing on local suppliers and fresh, seasonal produce. We will be providing delicious menus, and themed food evenings – a place to come to for hearty pub food.
Our whole team are proud to work here with us and look to provide guests with great food and a great experience every single time you visit.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.K@runshaw.ac.uk
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Main learning objectives:
The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food, procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment, standards and operating procedures, personal development and performance, key nutrient groups, legal requirements.
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 3 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 120-minute practical observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion, and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.