Apprentice Business Administrator Cooks Blinds & Shutters Ltd
The successful apprentice will be working within the service department as an Apprentice Business Administrator to engage with clients and to progress business activities alongside growing demand.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will include:
- Supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interacting with internal or external customers
- Working to increase efficiency by supporting and working across teams, as well as helping to resolve issues
- Using IT packages and systems including Microsoft Office to write letters, emails and proposals, as well as record and analyse data
- Updating and reviewing databases, ensuring information is recorded accurately
- Assist with drafting correspondence, writing reports and inputting/reviewing work
- Maintain records and files, whilst handling confidential information in compliance with organisational procedures and data protection
- Maintaining positive relationships within the team and across the organisation, promoting collaborative working
- Communication with internal and external customers, either in person, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms
- Assist with queries from inside and outside the organisation, whilst representing the organisation
- Reviewing processes and providing suggestions for improvements, sharing administrative best-practice across the organisation
- Managing work priorities and time to meet deadlines and complete tasks effectively, whilst managing expectations
- Organise meetings and events, taking minutes and action logs as needed
- Assist with project management, including helping to plan, monitor and report on projects
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Able to record and manage documents
- Attention to detail and able to work to a high standard
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good at planning and well organised
- Able to make decisions
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths or GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 4/C is preferable. If not, learners will be required to attend additional sessions
Full-time employment may be offered upon successful completion of the course to the right candidate.
Things to consider
The role will be office-based.
About the employer
Established in 1965, Cooks Blinds and Shutters Ltd have been providing the interior and exterior furnishings for commercial and domestic premises for over 50 years. We are renowned in Norfolk, Suffolk and across East Anglia for providing excellent customer service and high-quality products.
From fire doors to barn doors, loading docks to shop fronts, our selection of products caters for all industries and applications. State-of-the-art automation, remote control and manually operated mechanisms improve the safety, efficiency and appearance of your business. We’ve been specialists in the sale, installation and maintenance of industrial doors for over 50 years.
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norwich City College
City College Norwich 01603 773365 firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
For the End Point Assessment, apprentices will undertake a knowledge assessment, portfolio-based interview and project/improvement presentation.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.