Childcare Apprenticeship Little Blossoms Nursery
An excellent opportunity to join Little Blossoms Day Nursery that which are looking for a Level 2 Childcare Apprentice to be part of their friendly team in Southway, Plymouth.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
23 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will carry out many tasks such as:
- Supervising children’s play time, engaging children in learning and play activities, and keeping and updating records
- You will be working with a qualified team where you will be helping to maintain the high standards required for this position
- You will be supervised by a qualified member of staff and must follow the company’s procedures including health and safety in the workplace, as well as making sure that all play equipment and books are put away at the end of the day
- The right candidate must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to have good communication skills when dealing with children and adults, and hardworking
- You must have the ability to follow procedures, and to work as part of a team along with being able to use your initiative when working alone
- The successful candidate must have great organisational skills, and be confident in everything they do
- You must have the ability to work well under pressure, as well as possess good problem solving skills and flexibility in your approach to work
- The successful candidate will need to be caring, reliable, and enthusiastic
- Have a willingness to learn in a professional busy nursery
- You will need to be outgoing and flexible
- Show a willingness to progress and succeed in your own chosen career
- Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A-C (9/4) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills
Through having completed your level 2 you will have gained the skills in childcare that you can use to maximise your future career.
You will also have the opportunity to progress onto the advanced level, in order to gain additional skills and knowledge, with the aim of full time employment in your chosen career.
Things to consider
In order to be successful for this position, you will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This will be arranged by the employer after successfully completing the initial interview.
About the employer
Little Blossoms Day Nursery are based in Southway and offers high quality education and childcare for children ranging from 0 – 5yrs. All of their staff are highly qualified and experienced and the nursery has been rated Good by Ofsted at their last inspection.
They provide an environment that is welcoming, stimulating and nurturing. The staff are enthusiastic and encouraging, and effectively build children's confidence to manage tasks independently. They continually strive to improve the service they provide by encouraging feedback and working on quality improvements wherever possible.
Little Blossoms Nursery
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.