Warehouse and Retail Apprentice Progressive Furnishings Ltd
Progressive furnishings are looking to add to their team a warehouse operative who will assist on customer deliveries and cover in the shop when required. This provides a fantastic opportunity to learn all aspects of the business and become an integrated outstanding member of the team.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team acting as the first point of contact for customers recording all contacts for service requests, information and complaints
- Carrying out moving, packing and stock-taking roles and duties within the warehouse
- Liaising with other departments to resolve customer enquiries
- At all times act as a champion for customer services
- Undertake training to gain the skills required to carry out the role professionally and effectively
- Checking for damaged and missing items within deliveries
- Loading and unloading goods for dispatch
- Assisting with the delivery of goods to customers
- Communicate with both internal and external customers face-to-face
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Initiative and problem solving
- Able to manage own time effectively and work under pressure at busy times
- Organised with good ICT skills
- Self-motivated and hardworking
Qualified at level 1 or above in maths and English (9-3/A*-D) or equivalent.
This company is committed to offering a long term opportunity for the right candidate and further training relevant to the role along the way.
About the employer
Progressive Furnishings buy direct from the finest manufacturers of solid oak furniture from all over the world which keeps our prices very competitive and helps us provide excellent value for money and first class delivery service. Our stunning furniture is made from lots of carefully selected materials and timbers such as Oak, Ash, Pine, Beech, Sheesham (Indian Hard Wood), Colonial Hard Wood and Reclaimed Teak, all of which are available in modern and traditional styles to suit your taste, needs and pocket.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Supply Chain Warehouse Operative level 2 apprenticeship including functional skills in maths and English if required.
You will be assigned to an assessor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to work with you on the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours within your role.
After a pre-determined period of learning, you and your employer will agree with your training provider that you have completed all required learning and are ready to enter 'Gateway'.
Gateway is the period of your apprenticeship where you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment which is completed by an external organisation. It is your End Point Agreement that determines your final apprenticeship grade.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.