61. Apprentice Security Engineer Swan Security Systems Ltd
This post predominantly specialises in the installation and maintenance of CCTV, access control and intruder alarm systems.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
20 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Installing and maintaining each element
- Planned and reactive maintenance and faults
- A local field-based role working mainly in the West Midland areas, but this may also include national locations
- Varied clients and Industries from Commercial Companies and contractors to domestic homes
- Recording each job and filling out paperwork on site as per the company manual documentation
- Programming and commissioning
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to work as part of a team
- To communicate effectively with others
- An ability to take a logical and analytical approach to solving problems and resolving issues
- An ability to maintain a polite, professional image
- To be working towards or to be prepared to work towards: Level 3 Apprenticeship in Fire, Emergency & Security Systems
- Minimum Level C/Grade 4 (or equivalent) maths and English - or be prepared to work towards
- Once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed, we encourage our apprentices to seek permanent employment with Swan Security Systems Ltd
- All employees are eligible to join our workplace pension
Things to consider
- A full driving licence is required as driving is an essential element of this post due to the nature of the role
- This post requires work to be carried out off site. Most of the work is based within the West Midlands area, however, there will be a requirement to work Nationwide on occasions
About the employer
Swan Security Systems have built their reputation on providing CCTV, alarms and security solutions that are right for your particular business or households needs.
Our SSAIB accreditation for intruder alarms shows that we are a proven company known for giving sound advice. We install high quality equipment designed to combat the security risks inherent to your particular home, offices, industrial or agricultural site. Schools & colleges, hospitals and retail outlets are also served.
We are able to provide industrial and commercial installation and maintenance across the UK, with domestic security equipment installed and maintained in the Midlands region.
We operate no-pressure sales and only invite clients to take up maintenance contracts for their burglar alarms or fire alarm, access control or CCTV systems once they have benefitted from one years’ maintenance cover and guarantee which comes with new installations.
Our experienced security equipment engineers are able to take over the maintenance of existing alarms and closed circuit tv systems.
We can also arrange competitively priced, high quality remote monitoring services giving you additional peace of mind out of business hours or when you are away from home.
Manufacture and installation of physical security barriers such as palisade fencing, security gates and doors, roller shutters and decorative metal fencing can also be arranged making Swan Security Systems the complete security provider.
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
David Smith 01213776893 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The apprenticeship standard you will achieve is the Fire, Emergency & Security Systems – Technician Level 3
- College attendance is also a requirement, this will be on a block release basis depending on the employers preferred college. The rest of the time will be spent working
- On the job experience and training partnered with a qualified installation/service engineer throughout the 3 year course
- Functional skills if needed
- Completing all training tasks allocated during your block release weeks at the training centre and gathering any site evidence needed to supplement your studies
- Complete an annual assessment at the training centre and take part in any additional training courses that the company require you to complete
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.