Practice Admin Apprenticeship Lower Gornal Medical Practice
Lower Gornal Medical Practice are looking to recruit 2 Medical Reception and Medical Administration Apprentices to assist with duties such as; passing information accurately and promptly to the appropriate personnel, keeping up to date with changes and relevant current information etc. Could this be the role for you? Apply now!
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
20 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Answering the telephone promptly and efficiently and taking responsibility for dealing with each enquiry which is presented
- Greeting patients face to face and taking responsibility for ensuring that they receive the information or service they require
- Passing information accurately and promptly to the appropriate personnel
- Keeping up to date with changes and relevant current information
- Communicating with patients by letter, telephone and in person
- Administration related to patients as and when required by Doctors, the Reception Manager or Information Services Manager
- Preparing repeat medication prescriptions on a rota basis with other administrative staff
- Electronic Scanning/Filing and Read coding of medical documents
- Supporting the maintenance of the presentation of the patient waiting areas and the Reception area including notice boards and patient literature
- Providing high standards of patient care, at all times and that all patients have fair and equal access to medical treatment
- Keeping patient records up to date
- Ensuring the health and safety of staff and patients at all times
- Following protocols for confidentiality at all times
- Participating in training and contributing positively to the development of the Practice
- Other duties which may be needed from time to time, which are commensurate with the role and responsibility of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Good communication skills, enthusiasm and willing to learn
- Good IT skills
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Confident communicator - written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Able to recognise priorities and act autonomously
- Calm and professional manner
GCSE A-D/8/3 in maths and English or equivalent.
Excellent training opportunities. To be part of a highly motivated and friendly team. Eligible staff are entitled to join the NHS Pension Scheme.
About the employer
Lower Gornal Medical Practice.
We are a friendly GMS training practice of 5 GP partners and one salaried GP with wide areas of interests and a full complement of nursing staff and excellent administrative support with a patient list size around 9000 patients. We use EMIS web clinical system and Docman and have been rated “Good” in a recent CQC inspection.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Emma Southall 01384 363545
Level 3 Business Administration Standard.
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills may be required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.