Childcare Apprentice PK KIDS DAY NURSERY LTD
To assist and work alongside the team in setting up for the day to day activities, to attend staff meetings and any training needed, to care and safeguard the children providing secure play for our 0-4 year olds. Level 3 applicants will be considered if they hold a level 2 childcare qualification.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
17 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Give support to the staff within the setting
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- Build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are maintained at all times
Requirements and prospects
- To show initiative, be able to communicate and work in a team
- Positive individual with a caring manner
4 x GCSE A*-D/ 9-3 including Maths and English or equivalent.
Preferably C+ for maths and English for level 2.
Must have maths and English 4's to study level 3.
Progression within the company to higher apprenticeship or full-time employment pending capacity.
Things to consider
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received.
About the employer
Owner: PK Kids Day Nursery Ltd
Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council
Number of Staff: 10
Service Offered: Day Nursery (Privately Owned), Open all year, Full Day Care, Sessional Day Care
Total Places for Children: 38
Age Range: from 0 years 0 months to 5 years 0 months
Opening Days: Mon-Fri
Opening Hours: 0730-1800
When Closed: 6 days over Christmas period
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
As part of the apprenticeship, the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship Standard components with Runshaw Adult College. This will be work-based learning.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.