HR Support Level 3 UNIVERSAL CENTRAL SERVICES LTD
We are looking for someone to be the main HR contact across the businesses who can provide solutions, advice and support primarily to managers. You will also work closely with our external HR consultants.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jan 2022
18 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Handling day-to-day queries
- Providing HR advice - delivering front line support to managers and employees
- Using HR systems to keep records
- Providing the business with relevant HR information
- Working with the business on HR changes
- Working on a range of HR processes, varying from transactional to relatively complex issues
- Recruitment – first point of contact for posting adverts, assisting with CV selection, arranging interviews, participating in interviews.
- Onboarding all new staff
- Assisting managers with the administration around performance management and providing advice on procedures where there are issues
- Assisting with the administration and working with line managers on the ongoing learning and development of staff.
- Succession planning with Senior managers and Directors
- Compensation and benefits – administration around rate changes, remuneration audits with managers etc
- Assisting accounts and payroll with employee changes and overseeing all holidays/absences for payroll approval
- Administrative support for any Benefit in Kind packages
- Liaising with managers and processing employee requests (parental leave, flexible working etc)
- Working alongside our HR consultants to manage larger projects (redundancies, restructuring, consultation, TUPE etc)
- Assisting line managers with procedures and note taking where necessary around formal meeting (investigations, grievances, disciplinaries, absences etc)
- Document and policy management - Keeping all HR documentation updated (contracts, handbooks, policies etc)
- General office administration, to include dealing with emails, answering phone calls, taking in deliveries
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem-solve but provide support to colleagues when required
- Ability to deal with high work volumes and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust
- Ability to handle sensitive situations professionally and confidentially
- Honesty & Integrity- trustworthy in their actions. Shows integrity by doing the right thing. Maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times
- Resilience - Displays energy and enthusiasm in the way they go about their role. Stays positive under pressure.
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility and commitment - Adapts positively to changing work priorities and patterns when new tasks need to be done or requirements change.
- Experience working in a similar role or managing people
- Excellent Administrative and MS Office Skill
A business or HR qualification would be advantageous but not essential
Working towards becoming a HR Manager
About the employer
Universal Central Services provides HR services to 7 businesses in the building, electrical, mechanical and manufacturing sectors.
UNIVERSAL CENTRAL SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard HR Support
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.